CTO.E2.03 Tools for Making Employment First a Reality Part 3 of 3
New York State Office of Mental Health and Office for People with Developmental Disabilities are committed to support individuals with behavioral health challenges and developmental disabilities to pursue meaningful employment opportunities within their communities. To that end, community rehabilitation agencies are challenged to build new options through partnerships with community businesses, to develop sustainable business models, and to implement innovative approaches to employment support services. Within the new employment landscape, Work Centers are no longer viewed as a preferred employment option, but rather demonstrate enormous potential to become the foundation of a true employment transformation.
In the webinar Economic Development Strategies for Transformation, we will examine the growing collaboration between Work Centers and Manufacturing Extension Partnerships (MEPs) which is enhancing employment options across New York State. Under the guidance of the umbrella MEP, FuzeHub, MEPs are offering individual Work Centers training in sustainable business practices and matching Work Centers’ unique capabilities with the real needs of local and regional manufacturing businesses. As Work Centers transform business practices and consider employment supports in new ways, career pathways are created that offer people the opportunity to manage their personal challenges and enjoy meaningful employment within their communities.
Individuals participating in this webinar will learn to:
- Match the skills of the work center workforce to the needs of local and regional manufacturing businesses.
- Re-imagine the capacity of NYS Work Centers as integral partners with local and regional manufacturing businesses that can collaborate to develop and attain mutual goals for economic sustainability.
- Develop mechanisms for cross-walking employee training approaches that simultaneously attain the goals associated with rehabilitation while teaching the skills associated with specific manufacturing jobs.
- Develop and implement ongoing processes for measuring, monitoring, and sustaining efficient, effective, and profitable business practices.
- Access comprehensive resources for implementing new employment approaches through the newly-developed website Employment Supports Transformation (www.esta-ny.com).
February 27, 2018
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM