Sibling Education Resource, Training and Information Network (SERTAIN)
A two-year project, Sibling Education Resource, Training and Information Network (SERTAIN), was developed to provide online educational materials and training opportunities for siblings on sibling-related issues and for services providers on culture and practice change around sibling engagement.
The work is more widely known by the name of the website resource, SiblingResources.
- Web-based education and training resources for adult siblings and service providers
- Core training topic areas via SibChats phone-in meetings and live web-based presentations
- Expanding the NYS network of adult siblings of individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Enhancing and expanding the sibling database and therefore the networking capacity by intersecting the sibling network with current and new statewide and national disability advocacy networks
- Using website and customer satisfaction analytics to inform current and future resource needs